EMBRC-ERIC Administrative Assistant & Director's Personal Assistant.
The EMBRC-ERIC Administrative Assistant & Director's Personal Assistant is in charge of providing the EMBRC-ERIC Secretariat with technical and logistical support.
Full Time, two years contract of employment.
EMBRC-ERIC Headquarters, 4 Place Jussieu, Paris, France, c/o Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris 6.
Brief Description of the EMBRC
The European Marine Biological Resource Centre (EMBRC) is a distributed pan-European research infrastructure that aims to provide a strategic delivery mechanism for excellent and large-scale marine science in Europe. With its services, EMBRC will support both fundamental and applied research based on marine bioresources and marine ecosystems. The EMBRC is centrally managed by the EMBRC Executive Director, with the support of the EMBRC Secretariat, based at the Paris Headquarters, hosted by Université Pierre et Marie Curie - Paris VI, Campus of Jussieu. The working language is English; knowledge of French will be advantageous.
For further information:
• the EMBRC Business Plan (v1.0) is available at: http://bit.ly/1XT2o9
• the EMBRC website: http://www.embrc.eu
• Welcoming and informing staff and users of the structure;
• Process incoming and outgoing mail, manage the agenda of heads of office and the missions of the charge d'affaires;
• To carry out administrative acts in compliance with the rules and procedures of UPMC contractual activities;
• Process and verify compliance with administrative, scientific and technical information and records;
• Prepare financial reports of contracts in support of chargés d'affaires;
• Liaise with the other offices of the DTHB and the Directorates of UPMC;
• Plan / organize meetings (valorisation committees, meetings of European projects ...) with the various partners (internal or external);
• Write minutes of meetings;
• Record and track records in the EMBRC databases (data entry, updates ...);
• Provide information to the Executive Director on the status of the files;
• Search for data, organize and feed specific databases;
• Follow-up of internal activities (production of monitoring tools, preparation of balance sheets, etc.);
• Proceed with the archiving of administrative documents.
• Prepare staff missions
• Prepare files for the reimbursement of staff costs
Comprehension and written and oral expression in English of minimum level "B2";
Rigor, method and precision in the work;
Mastery of office software;
Reactivity and availability;
Working in collaboration with internal and external interlocutors;
Plan your business;
Inform and report;
Search for information, check it and classify it;
General knowledge of secretarial techniques;
Familiarity with accounting in the public sector;
IT Skills, such as setting up email accounts, conference audio-visual systems, internet connections, web-content management, Virtual Private Networks, etc.;
Experience of event management;
Knowledge of financial reporting for EU projects;
Willingness to travel and work outside normal hours.
SPECIAL PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
Loyal, Reliable and Discrete personality;
Mindful and open;
Ability to deal effectively with multiple tasks and changing tasks and schedules;
Candidate must have interest in being part of a team collaboratively working to build the EMBRC;
Availiability to occasionallly work beyond normal hours and travel.
2.0 year contract with probation period;
Prepare your application as one single PDF document, in English, containing a copy of your CV and the name of two references, with a cover letter explaining your interest in this position and how you could contribute. Enclose this document in an email message, with subject:”EMBRC Assistant”. Applications will be accepted until the 30thst of April.